MONASTERY OF El PARRAL – MONASTERIO DE EL PARRAL – SEGOVIA

 

Monastery of El Parral

Juan Gas built this Gothic monastery at the end of the 15th century, with a Plateresque tower from the 16th century. It preserves the altarpiece in the high altar, from the beginning of the 16th century and the side sepulchres of the Marquises of Villena, Juan Pacheco, María Portocarrero and her daughter, Beatriz. The convent once belonged to the Order of Saint Jerome, but, when the order disappeared, the building was abandoned in 1835. In 1927, the Order appeared again and the convent became its main building. The altarpiece is a work by Juan Rodríguez, Blas Hernández and Jerónimo Pellicer. 

ESPAÑOL

Monasterio de El Parral

Levantado por Juan Gas, es de estilo gótico de finales de siglo XV, con torre plateresca del siglo XVI. Conserva el retablo del altar mayor de comienzos del siglo XVI y sepulcros laterales con las estatuas de los Marqueses de Villena, Juan Pacheco y María Portocarrero, y su hija Beatriz. El Convento perteneció a la Orden de los Jerónimos, pero fue abandonado en 1835 al extinguirse la orden. En 1927, con el renacimiento de la Orden, este convento pasó a ser su casa madre. Se ha restaurado en varias ocasiones. El retablo es obra de Juan Rodríguez, Blas Hernández y Jerónimo Pellicer.